"I’m still depressed, but how depressed I am varies, which is good. Much of the time, it’s a comfortable numbness that just makes things feel muted. Other times, I’m standing in the shower or something and I can feel the nothingness hurtling toward me at eight thousand miles per hour and there’s nothing I can really do aside from let it happen and wait until it goes away again."
Allie Brosh, Hyperbole and a Half (via perfect)
Don’t fucking fuck with me. Seriously, don’t fuck with me. God fucking dammit.
I feel nothing about this and you can’t change that.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."
Five things I am trying very hard to accept (via aumoe)
Goblin Spider by Forest Rogers
Goblin Spider was inspired by a folktale and traditional Japanese ukiyo-e prints. Elaborate hairpins made me think “legs,” of course. I also noticed that many beauties were depicted holding a bit of folded fabric or tissue in their mouths. This was a come-hither symbol, sufficiently demure to get past court censors but widely understood as erotic (don’t attempt it with Bounty Duratowel — it loses in translation). Thus, mouse in mouth.
via Muddy colours
I’m just going to take a minute to brag here:
Working at Meininger’s, I have the privilege of seeing Forest on a regular basis. She is one of the most incredible women I have ever in my life met and I am so grateful to know her.
From what she’s told me, I think many people are surprised by her when they meet her at shows and conventions. Not many people expect her work to actually be made by a woman.
But let me tell you, she is a kick ass broad who deserves her place in the industry like no one else I have ever met.
If you ever have the chance, contact her and tell her how exceptional she is.
I’m sure she’d be thrilled to hear it.